An incredible sight to see. The world’s tallest ship Golden Horizon docks in Poole Harbour
Golden Horizon, the brand new Croation-built sailing ship is celebrated as the world’s tallest square-rigged ocean-going vessel in the World arrived.
This glorious 524ft long boat arrived in Poole Harbour for a brief visit this week. Weighing in at 8,440 tons with 6,300 sq metres of sails, she certainly dominates the skyline.
This wonderous vessel is run by Tradewind Voyages of Suffolk as a commercial cruise ship and owned by shipbuilders DIV Group Ltd. She is a steel hulled, 5 masted basque-style ship – with Tradewind saying about the unique onboard experience passangers can look forward to:
“The ambience on board is relaxed, casual, elegant and without unnecessary formality. We have created an environment which will encourage our guests to return to time and time again, and to share their stories and experiences.”
This beautiful near replica of the 1913-built France II ocean going vessel, has 140 cabins (all sea-facing) and a maximum capcity of 272 guests. The ship has two outside bars, spa, gym, a piano bar, library, glorious main dining area with curved wrought-iron balconies sweeping towards a stunning central skylight. Maritime art hangs from wood-panelled walls for an umatched stylish dining experience.
Originally designed by Polish naval architect Zygmunt Choreń, it was built in 2017 for a cost of approximately £85 million and became operational in May 2021 after being first registered at the Port of Malta.
Her maiden voyage updated itinerary is as follows :
- 15-19 July Long Weekend Voyage: Dover round-trip, with visits to Cowes and Torquay
- 19-24 July The Inaugural Voyage: Dover round-trip, with visits to Cowes and Plymouth
- 24-31 July South Coast Staycation: Dover round-trip, with visits to Portsmouth, Falmouth, Dartmouth and Poole
- 31 July-4 August Cowes Week Taster: Dover to Harwich, with visits to Cowes and Torquay
- 4-14 August English South Coast and Islands: Harwich round-trip, with visits to Cowes Week, Dartmouth, Falmouth, Isle of Scilly, Plymouth and Poole (this voyage remains as previously published)
Find out more about the kind of voyages those lucky enough to book a trip can expect, and much more: Tradewind Voyages.